Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013 - Nice, France

Put your shoulder to the wheel


my dear family,

how blessed I am to have such an incredible, beautiful family. I am so proud to call myself a member of our family! So things here in Nice are going pretty great. We found 5 new amis last week!!! FIVE! that is...a lot. just saying. and its soeur bicchierri! shes out of control! haha. she talks literally to everyone and she has a level of enthusiasm that I cant even reflect. So we are learning how to work in unity. haha. but its so great. shes an incredible example to me, and I love her. so excited! always smiling and complimenting people and its just crazy how much she does!! she is a convert of five years, only one in her family. she is from northern italy, but her mom is french. so she speaks pretty dang good french, and uses it all the time with me. french is from 7am to 9:30pm. shes a handful. a handful of joy! haha.

okay! so the list of things i have to write about! first off, my halfways mark is on wednesday, the 23rd, which is pretty dang weird. whatthewhat???! and april 18th i'll only have 6 months left?!!! That is just around the corner!!!! seriously time FLIES on a mission. and ive already had 4 companions not including my mtc comp. thats cray. and im already on my sixth transfer. wow. soeur bertolio was on her...sixth or seventh transfer when she got me! but she was also already fluent in the language..but she goes home in MAY!!! which is soooooooooo soon! holy moley. im getting old in the mission. and we're apparently recieving like 26 or 27 or something new soeurs in april!! we have like 30 right now. that means...almost every soeur will be training. craaaaazy. and new areas opening up!!! so cool!!!!!! go missionary work!!!

so soeur bicchierri is big on goals, which is so great!!!!! so we set goals and i was going through mtc notes i took, and turned to a scripture frere lepretre gave us, proverbs 29 verse 18, which says 'where there is no vision the people perish'. so true!! goal setting!!!! top priorities!!!! HOLLAH!!

It rained like 4 days in a row here just ending today. it was terrible. haha. and cold. not cool. heck, i'm in nice!!! im in teh cote d'azur! this should not be happening!!! lol. But today is blue skies smiling at me and nothin but blue skies do i see.

new amis!!! I dont even know where to start. hmm...so yesterday we met with this older woman, her husband, their son and his wife. we contacted the older woman on a bus and she wanted us to meet her son and teach him about Jesus because he is really believing and he has been in a bad accident so he's handicapped and he would appreciate it. So we made a rdv and met with them last night. Oh my goodness, how incredibly humbling it was. we didnt ask what happened, but hes in a wheelchair with slowed abilities and he has very limited eyesight. He can speak but very slowly and slurred, but has a great mind and speaks french and english. He loves God wiht all his heart and testified of him, that he knows that He exists and has given him peace in his situation. He wants to learn more about our message because he just loves to learn about God, and he is muslim so I dont know if we will ever be able to baptize him if he accepted, but still want to teach him. He is an incredible example of faith and of love. He is an artist, and has his art all around their (nice) apartment and we seriously felt the Spirit in their home. it is the most spiritual home I have ever been to of someone who is not a member of the church. I left the home feeling very humble and very loved from our Heavenly Father for all of the great blessings that I have.

I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and that he listens to our pleas. He can give us strength, like the man we met who is handicapped, and peace in times of trial.

So I read "Be anxiously Engaged" by elder M Russell Ballard this morning, a gc talk given this last conference, so study it!!!
I love yall so much and I am so grateful to be here on a mission to be crafted into who I was designed to become.

love always,
devaneaux

No comments:

Post a Comment