Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19, 2013 - Grenoble, France


en avant, En Avant, EN AVANT!!!


Bonjour, ma famille!!!

So as I said yesterday, I am in Grenoble!!! Which I have been told is the number one place to ski in France! Sooooo I'm going skiing next pday!!! haha, jk. But it actually is not very cold... like about Provo on a not too cold winter day. But my comp, Soeur Addis says that its unusually warm; lets hope it stays that way. Cause we all know I'm a baby in the cold. But hey! Now I have served in the Pyrenées, côte d'azur, and the french alps!!! Heavenly Father loves me SO MUCH!!!!!! I think he definitely knows how much I appreciate the beauty of these places. The Alps are beautiful!!!!!!!!! And I'm not even totally immersed in them! Well..I kind of am. We are in a "bowl", surrounded by them. It's...pretty cool. I hope I get to be here for the spring!!! Considering that I was only in Nice for 2 transfers!! That is super short for a sister missionary. Usually we stay places about 3 transfers. But this is where I'm suppose to be now! 

But back in Nice, we had the BAPTISM OF SARAH!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLAH!!!!!!!!!!! She DID IT!!! She got baptized!! And she asked me to give the talk on baptism at her baptism, and it was great getting to share with her and everyone the importance of baptism and the promise that you're making with Heavenly Father, and that its a commitment for life! "We can't quit and we can't go back", as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said in the talk "The First and Great Commandment". I actually shared a paragraph from that talk for her, the part about us having neighbors to help and such, that discipleship is for life. You should read it!!! FHE!!!! Mom and dad, court nate and those kids, ant angie shelb and that baby(!), and ben and your roommates. haha. But seriously! What a great talk. I read it often to remind myself of how much I need to work on and continue progressing!

That is one thing that I have come to love more and more on the mission, that we are here to progress. That seems like an insanely obvious statement, but..is it? I think that a lot of times we get into a mind set and we get comfortable doing the same things over and over. But then are we progressing? I guess a little bit if we are doing good things over and over, but we always have room to improve. It's like a muscle; you have to not only continually use the muscle, but if you want to progress in your fitness you need to take it to the next level! You have to run just another lap then the day before, and continue bumping it up, otherwise you're staying the same. No progressiono. (italiano?) So! Maybe you like just running 2 miles a day, okay, but we are talking spiritually here. If you're  planning on running a marathon, you can't just continuously run 2 miles a day and expect to be able to run that whole marathon. In the spiritual sense, your "marathon" is eternal life. You need to progress and continue progressing until you reach the finish line! Eternal life is all about progression, and if we aren't progressing here, then we can't expect to be progressing there. SO many stories that relate to this; the hen making the bread and the other animals not getting their own because they hadn't done their part; the Bible stories! The master giving out the talents and the man with one doing nothing with it, and in return the master taking it from him and giving it to the one who progressed the most! SO many things that remind us to progress and become better, we just need to apply it to our lives, and not just once, but often! Monthly! Weekly! Daily!!! Keep a tally on yourself, give yourself a check. Don't cast your net back on the same side. That will get you no where. 

Okay, enough of that. I LOVE my companion! She is very fun and we get along super well. She dies after next transfer, so she has this transfer and the next, then DEAD! Cray. Oh, dead is mission lingo for going home. haha. sorry. I miss my italian comp, soeur bicchierri!!! But i am so stoked for her because she is training this transfer!!! Lots of crazy things have happened! We had 7 zones, now it just changed to 11!!!!!!!!!! And we have 2 equipes of soeurs now in the Nice appt!!!! cray!!!!!!!!

Alrighty, I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you! You "light up my life". Really though. I talk about yall all the time to my comps and other missionaries. I just tell em that youre the best. It's true! Here's my ADDRESS because I know my family WILL write me because they're the best!! ;) No I'm not manipulating you...! haha

Les Missionnaires
12 Boulevard Marechai Foch
38000 Grenoble
FRANCE

I love yall so much and I know this church is true!!! Keep being the best and share the gospel with your friends!! Family! It's your duty!!!!!!!!

Love always,
devaneaux

No comments:

Post a Comment