Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012 - Nice, France

O Come, Emmanuel!


ma famille!

I love you. I love you so much. And I am so grateful for everything that you do for me, did for me, and will do for me. Last night really got me thinking about yall (getting a call from dad about Joni's death), and how important you are to me. I dont feel like I havent expressed this before, but I just wanted to take the first moments of my email to express that before it begins to get into other topics. By the way, I would love to get these lyrics next week, dad! And Anthony and ben, could you prepare a nice little duet of this for skyping on Christmas? I think that would be the coolest thing EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!! And I'm sure my companion would love it also. Thanks!! Speaking of skyping, let me know if that time is good for yall from the last email, please! 


So this last week was great! I'm getting much more comfortable contacting and such in such a HUGE ville!! people everywhere! but it has to be done! We like to STREETBOARD! Basically you have a streetboard and approach people walking past. It is one of those things you just have to get over being embarrassed or feeling awkward over and just doing it! cause it needs to be done! Its great. and we get a LOT more numbers then just contacting or porting! never had success with porting. anywho. we streetboarded this guy named Sassy! our sassy contact! haha. its pronounced"seh-see" and I just approached him and began talking cause he was looking at our board and he basically just asked for the address of the church and showed up yesterday for the last two meetings and apologized for being late, sat through all of them and was like agreeing with our ami lesson on CHASTITY and then sang all the hymns with us for sacrament! needless to say we set up a rendez-vous with him for tomorrow. :) 


Soeur marker and I set goals like soeur bertolio and I set goals; HARDCORE!!! so stoked!! Going for the all or nothin view of a mission; go hard or go home!!! as I would always say to elder gruber. haha. so we had a great week, and its just gonna get better!!!! tomorrow we are going to a members house in monaco and going to a carnival for their daughters birthday, then thursday we have zone christmas party/conference. haha. its combined with the montpellier zone, so I think I'll see Elder call from my mtc district! holla! 


well gotta fly, but thanks for all you do for me, family. youre my anchor. Be smart, careful, and listen to the Spirit always. ask yourself daily, "have I done any good in the world today?" I love you!! Spread christmas cheer!!!


love always,
devaneaux

No comments:

Post a Comment