Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24, 2012 - Nice, France

on the 12th day of christmas..

Bonjour ma famille et mes amis!!

So I dont have much time, buuut I will totally be talking to all of you TOMORROW!! Well...minus the friends. But still. So exciting!!! Skype time!! Tonight we are going to a member, Monique's, house, and theyre having a group of singles together for Christmas which all of a sudden sounds kind of pathetic for us to go also...but they invited us. hahaha. No, I lovvvve them, one of the members that will be there, Violetta, is from Peru but has lived in France for the past 30 years so speaks great french! And she teaches our ami, Sarah, with us often. Shes great! Tomorrow we're going to visit some families after SLEEPING IN (our president loves us), and then go to the missionary couple, the Perry's, for Christmas dinner and skyping yall. It t'will be great! 

So for the past 3 weeks we have had choir practice for church on wednesdays and we've sometimes taken amis there with us, and we performed yesterday! so...we didnt have the best sounding sopranos, but they were all heart! they were so into it! I was also a soprano, and being raised with the brothers I have, I was a little nervous performing a song with people who werent totally on tune all the time..so I prayed like all morning at church after practicing before church began! All morning when I would think about it. And so we go up to sing, and I'm like, its all good! im proud of these women just for trying! and we began singing and it was...incredible. Seriously. It was crazy. And it wasnt just ME! like we had people coming up to us and telling us that it was so great! not trying to make us feel good!!!! When we were singing, I honestly heard other voices behind me, and no one was there. Other voices that had verbratto (sp?) and were loud and hitting all the notes! This sounds terrible to say that none of the women with me sing that way, but its true and I heard other voices!! We were singing with angels yesterday. when people came to tell us how good it sounded, they said it was like angels were singing, and thats because it was. I know that angels are real. I know that there were angels and miracles in the biblical times, and they are still happening. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he is giving us all the keys to being happy in these last days. Life is hard; staying strong and doing the right thing is hard to do in times like these, but it is possible through the gospel of Jesus Christ. He came to redeem of us our sins, to help us progress, and to strengthen us in time of need. I know this. We can have angels help us in times of need, even times of singing for church (!), and we can be angels for others. Through christmas attacking so man people have been touched by such a simple act. Never underestimate the importance of showing your love for others. They really do notice. 


Okay, I have to go, but I am so excited to talk to you tomorrow!!!!!!! Think of how this is all goin to go down, so we dont have to waste minutes from our precious hour figuring it out! 


I love you all sooooooo incredibly much! My heart is full with love for you!!! Have a very merry Christmas!!!


Love always,
Soeur Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment