Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013 - Grenoble, France

fly away home

dear fam,

I chose the title of this because of the email from soeur marker and she talks about that movie and I just like it. nothing to do with me flying home. just clarifying. :) 

so this week was pretty great! I felt like I accomplished stuff! haha. missionary work! stuff..! my heads not fully in this email. okay! so on monday night we left for aix-en-provence and we totally did exchanges there and it was so fun!! the sister training leaders there are soeur taylor (who I have done exchanges with twice in Toulouse!) and soeur reintjes! I have just heard good things about her, so it was really cool to get to do exchanges with her! she is awesome!!! love that soeur! we had a really good time teaching and singing and contacting! she's a beast! she gets on a bus and literally contacts everyone!! so I got to get a few pointers from her-just close your eyes, buckle down, and do it. haha. but seriously! you have the desire but it can just be so awkward cause everyone's watching..but who cares?? youre doing this for a better cause then your own pride! So yeah. contacting on the streets doesnt bother me or streetboarding or any of that, its just condensed people not moving, but now its getting better. Soeur keating is helping me and I'm helping her. its really cool to do it, though. you feel empowered! and a couple of times I've had good conversations with people! So I'm progressing! slowly but surely!

Yannick is doing really well, he is praying about when he should be baptized; he feels like he's not ready yet, but he is super ready to set a date and to progress towards it! but he needs to pray about it, anyhow, sylvie has a date for baptism the 22 juin but has to quit smoking before so we may push it back if she hasnt quit by next week. Vaber is doing well, he's been reading the Book of Mormon every day and seems to be alright with his situation, which is great because he's not depressed and wanting to give up on missionary lessons and such. He needs to stop smoking, also. His wife is going back to work!! She is slowly progressing to getting a healthier life and is on her way to letting Vaber get baptized! But yeah. things are going good, here in ol' Grenoble! I absolutely love this ward-they are so great. so much desire to be a missionary! Its addicting, I think. This month is the month of invitation, so things are gonna get pretty intense here in the next few weeks! :D

So this morning I was studying about "hope", because its a Christ-like attribute that I'd like to work on, and I read lots of scriptures having to do with it, and my favorite was Ether 12:4 , which says,
 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to gorify God."

I LOVE this! Hope is knowing with a surety that the things that we have been promised will come to pass. Therefore, those who believe in God know that the world can be made better. That is why as missionaries (and members) we should and can be happy always, because we have this hope embedded in our souls, the "anchor" of our souls, to remind us that even if something doesnt turn out the way we wanted it to, we know that what the Lord promises will come to pass. We know that through Jesus Christ we can have a better world, full of love and peace. Is that not a reason to be happy? Not just happy, but rejoicing! Let us continue to push forward with hope that the Lord will continue to bless us and not give us anything that is too difficult to handle. (NOTE: read the talk, "the Infinite Power of Hope" by Dieter F Uchtdorf!)
I love yall so much and I love hearing from you! Youre wonderful! Keep being great examples to everyone around you! 

love always,
devaneau

No comments:

Post a Comment